Monday, October 11, 2010

Product Design

I never thought I had ever noticed or admired product design, until I became a design major. I was always aware of when my candy product design suddenly changed, and I was never too enthusiastic about it. I always thought along with that old saying “If it aint broke, don’t fix it” mentality. But then after awhile I would kind of get excited to see what new thing the company’s would come up with, like the one that comes to mind is the Pepsi can label design. I clearly remember that one changing a lot of times during my childhood. I think the only reason they like to come up with new snazzy designs, is to make you think it’s a new product, and that way they sell more product. Which for a product like soda or candy I guess you need to maintain interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment