Monday, October 4, 2010

My earliest memories of design....

My earliest memories of design stem back to all the arts and crafts projects we had to do in grade school. This was always a favorite time of class for me, because it meant that I could let my imagination run wild. I remember my kindergarten or first grade teacher being shocked that I had made her a card depicting a scene from a book that we had read. The book was about the caterpillars transformation, and to show the caterpillar I cut out a long piece of paper and folded it accordion style and then added eyes and had a whole scene going with the moon and a tree in the background. It was not a required assignment, but I had so much fun playing with my construction paper, glue, and scissors at home I wanted her to have it. With my supplies I felt invincible with my never ending imagination at hand. My mom and grandma always looked at me with amazement, because I could be left alone for hours with my supplies creating and designing whatever my hearts desired.